Honoring Local Veterans One Mission at a Time.
Old Glory Honor Flight was founded in 2009 by a loyal group of volunteers based in Appleton, WI. We are dedicated to our mission of "Honoring Our Local Veterans One Mission at a Time" which includes all veterans who served prior to May 7, 1975.
The Old Glory Honor Flight missions are completely free of charge to the veteran; we believe it's a meaningful way to say 'Thank You' for their service. Every detail of their day-long trip has the vets' best interest in mind to ensure they have a safe, memorable trip and one that conveys appreciation and admiration from our community. On each flight, we travel with trained volunteers who act as guardian escorts, a volunteer medical team, professional photographers and a host of others like the D.C. Park Police who ensure the veterans get the 'red carpet' treatment.
Old Glory Honor Flight created and organized special missions and projects beyond the D.C. missions because we believed we could do more to honor our local veterans.
- 'Return to Pearl' took 19 Pearl Harbor Survivors to Hawaii to tour the USS Arizona and sites these veterans were when the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor, the precursor to the US participation in WW ll.
- 'Operation at Ease' Missions 1 & 2 transported Desert Storm era veterans to see their memorials at the High Ground in WI and in Marseilles, IL.
- 'Operation Legacy' Books Volume 1 & 2 were written by community members and students at Lawrence University who told the stories of our local war veterans.
- 'Return to Nam' took 52 Vietnam veterans back to Vietnam to see how the country has flourished since the war and to give the veterans an opportunity to heal and find peace from their service which was highlighted on National news. The award winning 'Return to Nam' book was published and is currently in the Library of Congress.
- We transported D-Day veterans that were honored by state officials and grateful citizens to commemorate the 70th Anniversary of D-Day at the State Capitol.
- Old Glory Honor Flight hosted special, themed DC based missions like Navy Day, Yellow Ribbon Honor Flight and multiple Green & Gold Honor Flights in partnership with the Green Bay Packers.
- Old Glory Honor Flight has organized and flown missions from Appleton International Airport, Austin Straubel Airport and Wittman Regional Airport during EAA's Air Venture.
- We transported Korean War veterans to visit the HighGround Veterans Memorial Park in Neilsville, WI for a tour and luncheon to celebrate their service.
- 'Freedom to Liberty: A Mission of Healing' took 59 Veterans who served during the Global War on Terrorism to New York to vist their memorial at the 9/11 Memorial & Museum as well as the Freedom Tower and Statue of Liberty to honor their service and sacrifice.
- To date we've taken thousands of WWll, Korean, Vietnam and terminally ill veterans on their own Honor Flight but we can't stop now. Now, more than ever, we need your support. Donate now to 'Keep Em Flying'. .